Jan 1, 2023
Rhythm Over Resolutions
Differences in rhythm and pace…
a) pace is the speed of something while rhythm is the pattern of something
b) pace thinks about what we can accomplish while rhythm thinks about who we are becoming
In biblical community we experience three things…
“May the Lord grant mercy to the household of Onesiphorus, for he often refreshed me and was not ashamed of my chains, but when he arrived in Rome he searched for me earnestly and found me— may the Lord grant him to find mercy from the Lord on that day!—and you well know all the service he rendered at Ephesus.”
-2 Timothy 1:16-18
Three questions to clarify where you find community…
Who refreshes you?
Who is not ashamed of your chains?
Who searches for you?
Truths that facilitate rest…
a) God is good at God’s job of ruling the world
b) God is not worried about the state of the world
c) God has promised me a future and a hope
1. Is your life more about pace or rhythm?
2. Who do you spend time with that leaves you feeling refreshed, reoriented and refueled?
3. Of these four components of a life rhythm which most needs your attention?
4. How do you spend your leisure time such that it restores your soul?
5. Is there one of these areas that you engage in too much?